GAINESVILLE – Georgia Department of Public Health announced 19 cases of the Covid-19 variant B.1.1.7 present in Georgia. While no cases have been confirmed in District 2 counties yet, at least 30 other states have reported cases of the variant. The same measures used to prevent the spread of Covid-19 are recommended for this variant.
However, it is more important to follow these measures, as variant B.1.1.7 is more contagious. District 2 Public Health earnestly implores all residents to renew their efforts to control the spread of Covid-19 by following these steps:
- Wear a mask/face covering.
- Maintain proper social distance (at least 6 feet).
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Follow quarantine guidance if you are exposed.
- Follow isolation guidance if you are sick or have tested positive for Covid-19.
- Get a Covid-19 vaccination when you are eligible.
For more information about COVID-19 https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html