RABUN COUNTY, Ga – Business closings and changes store hours are spreading across the county as new COVID-19 guidelines continue to be released. See the up to date list below.
Updated on March 23
Government and Services
- Clayton City Council Meeting for March 17 is canceled.
- The senior center is closed.
- The library is closed.
- Recreation Department is closed.
- Rabun Detention Center and jail are closed. Video visitation is still available through Combined Public Communications, daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. To learn more go to inmatesales.com
- Mountain Judicial Circuit is only performing essential operations in accordance with a statewide judicial emergency. Georgia Supreme Court has declared a statewide emergency to halt all non-essential court business.
- Great Smokey’s National Parks are closed.
- Tax Commissioner office is closed to the public, still conducting business over phone, mail, and web renewals.
- Chamber of Commerce lobby is closed.
- U.S. Census has suspended field operations until April 1.
- Rabun County Sheriff’s Office app now has an icon dedicated to Coronavirus information.
- Celebrate Clayton is canceled.
- Swing into Spring is canceled.
- Tallulah-Persimmon BBQ is postponed.
- Community Clean-up Day is canceled.
- Walmart will be open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. for the foreseeable future in an effort to keep shelves stocked. Tuesdays from 7 to 8 a.m. the store is open to senior citizens.
- Ingles will close at 9 p.m. and the in-store Starbucks will close at 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesdays from 7 to 8 a.m. are open to senior citizens, underlying conditions, and first responders.
- Iron and Oak has closed the dining room. It is offering curbside service and delivery for a small fee.
- The Lotus Gallery and Art Center has postponed its group art show.
- Universal Joint Clayton is offering a curbside and temporary delivery service. Dining room is closed.
- Of These Mountains is offering curbside pick-up and delivery within 10 miles of store. Online ordering now also has free shipping until May 15.
- Blue Ridge Activity & Tumbling Center is closed at least from March 16 to 21.
- Wander North Georgia has eliminated shipping costs, offering curbside pick-up, and will deliver within 15 miles of the store.
- Market in Downtown Clayton is closed.
- Manrique’s Mexican Restaurant has closed dining room. Delivery, curbside, and pick-up options are available.
- Reeves Hardware is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday Diner is carryout, curbside, and delivery from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Clayton Café is offering carry-out and curbside. Dining room is closed.
- Butler Galleries is closed until March 28 at least.
- FORTIFY kitchen and bar is offering a “Family Style Menu” available for curbside delivery. Please place your order by 2:00 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Pick up times are between 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. No dine in.
- Mama G’s closed until Friday for weekend takeout and delivery orders.
- Main Street Gallery is closed.
- Lake Rabun hotel is offering curbside and safe space delivery.
- Rabun County Bank ask customers to schedule lobby appointments. Drive-thru is open.
- Subway open from 11am until 7pm and will bring food out to car.
- The Open Door at Alley’s Ol’ Store is taking phone orders and offering curbside delivery.
- Furry Affair is picking dogs up for appointments from the parking lot.
- Oconee Federal Savings and Loan asks for customers to make appointments. Drive-thru services are available.
- Goats on the Roof closed until March 27.
- The Law office of Tom Slowen has closed lobby to walk-in traffic. Call to make an appointment.
- United Community Bank will be an appointment-only service model effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- The White Birch Inn is closed for the next month.
- The Soda Fountain is offering curbside, to-go, and online orders.
- 12 Spies Vineyards and Farms has closed its tasting room and offering free shipping.
If you know of any closings or service changes that you would like added to this list, please email email@example.com.